Counting Words Explores Social Trends and Territories for Competitive Sets of Brands
NEW YORK, Sept. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Mindshare North America, the global media agency network that is part of WPP, announced Counting Words as the first launch in a suite of tools developed by Mindshare Labs for The LOOP, the agency’s adaptive marketing operating system. Counting Words explores the social landscape to uncover territory ownership and trends among a competitive set of brands. A social insights tool, it maps consumer conversations on a brand-by-brand basis via a visual dashboard that explores the spatial relationships of key target words and messaging between brands within a category.
“Our work in The LOOP influences paid media decisions to shift investments in real-time. We have great partners and employ the best off-the-shelf tools, but there are times we need to create customized solutions because our offering is unique,” said Colin Kinsella, CEO, Mindshare North America. “Mindshare Labs develops and adapts tools to stay ahead of the marketplace and to meet and exceed the needs of our clients.”
Counting Words is an adaptive tool that serves these objectives:
- Strategic exploration of a competitive set of brands and their perceived positionings
- Analysis of brand social conversation volume and related adjective breakdown
- Social outlook of a brand in comparison to competitive brands
- Real-time measurement of pre-campaign, in-campaign, and post-campaign brand territory ownership
In addition to Counting Words, Mindshare Labs is developing a suite of tools that will launch by the end of 2015. These tools include:
- Moments: A ‘moment of receptivity’ identification tool that helps land communications and content into the times when consumers are most receptive to the brand message. It combines a multitude of different daily and weekly time series data to find trends, correlations, and causal relationships.
- The Map: A geo-analysis tool that combines a broad range of geographical data to generate insights into local-level consumer behaviors, contextual factors, media trends, campaign performance, and distribution patterns. The tool will enhance geo-targeted programmatic media buying, local media and marketing decisions, and consumer-led communications strategies.
- Explorer: A media touchpoints tool that visually maps and analyses consumer pathways through the digital ecosystem to an online conversion (e.g. sale, form fill, coupon download). It provides quick, clear and fast-moving insights for planners and buyers.
“In the digital world, being able to uncover business-driving insights from all the data is key to our clients’ success. As an agency, we are uniquely positioned to unify different data assets into coherent, actionable insights – which is where Mindshare Labs comes in. We’re using cutting edge techniques and visualizations to create the ‘new world’ insights platforms that will drive our clients’ brand and communications decisions today and into the future,” said Harrison Shore, Director, Mindshare Labs.
These tools are integrated into The LOOP, Mindshare’s adaptive marketing operating system. A physical room that enables adaptivity, it uses real-time insight to drive real-time actions. Featuring multiple screens that provide locally relevant data feeds and cultural context, Mindshare uses The LOOP to drive behavioral change, both for clients’ consumer relations, but also across client agency networks, creating one focused team working adaptively, reacting live and seeing trends ahead of the competition. It ‘closes the loop’ on the P.O.E. model by focusing on adapting paid media, based on the best available data.
Mindshare is a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$34.5 billion (source: RECMA). The network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries spread throughout North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Each office is dedicated to forging competitive marketing advantage for businesses and their brands based on the values of speed, teamwork and provocation. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group. Visit us at Mindshareusa.com or MindshareInTheLoop.com and follow us on Twitter @mindshare_NA and facebook.com/MindshareNA.
GroupM is the leading global media investment management operation. It serves as the parent company to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MEC, MediaCom and Maxus, as well as Xaxis and Catalyst. Our primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPP’s media communications agencies on behalf of our clients, our stakeholders and our people by operating as a parent and collaborator in performance-enhancing activities such as trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities. The agencies that comprise GroupM are all global operations in their own right with leading market positions. The focus of GroupM is the intelligent application of physical and intellectual scale to benefit trading, innovation, and new communication services, to bring competitive advantage to our clients and our companies. Discover more about us online at www.groupm.com.
Corporate Communications, Mindshare
SOURCE Mindshare North America